Saturday, January 1, 2011

Sun Prints













I remember creating sun prints as a child. I think it was my first experience with the photographic process. It really fasinated me. While surfing the web I found that I could create my own print paper by coating paper with a wash of two chemicals (ammonium ferric citrate and potassium ferricyanide) In a dark room mix together the two chemicals (wear gloves) coat the paper with the yellow solution then hang to dry. Still in the dark room  place the object you wish to print on the dry paper then place a piece of glass over it. Now bring it out to expose it to indirect sunlight. Soon you will have an exciting new print. I plan to do this with my students in the new year.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Will you please tell me the ratio when mixing the two chemicals?